Nick Kullin tells us about avoiding conformity, understanding your customer, and hacking growth for your business.
Today’s guest, Nick Kullin, is founder of Second Flight Academy, a premier 8-week 1-on-1 growth hacking and marketing training program for business owners and marketers to learn how to accelerate their marketing efforts while saving their marketing cost.
Nick was passionate from a young age. He started his first business before graduating high school, and quit his high-salary job to start another. Nick is incredibly open with us, sharing a lot about his life and providing a number of solid tips anyone can use to grow their business.
We’re going to learn how Nick challenged conformity to find his unique path to success, and get a few tips on how to approach growth hacking and marketing for yourself.
In this episode, you’ll learn from Nick:
- How to challenge conformity.
- About the early days of online marketing with YouTube.
- Strategies for growth hacking your business.
- The importance of building an in-depth buyer’s persona.
- The value of online eavesdropping for a young business.
- How “sticky words” can help market your business.
- Strategies for time investment in social media marketing.
This episode was brought to you by Audible.com
The Go and Grow Podcast is supported by Audible.com.
You love listening to great content. So why not listen to your next book, instead of reading it?
Audible.com has over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, or tablet.
Get your free audiobook download and free 30-day trial now at audibletrial.com/goandgrow.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Answers to Quickfire Q&A:
- If you could chat with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Richard Branson, because I think he’d be the guy to really take the time and give me his undivided attention.
- Name a tool, app, or website that you can’t live without and why.
- I cannot live without Yesware. It’s like your inside spy into your email or your outlook. Whether you’re in sales or marketing, Yesware is going to be your best friend.
- Tell us something unique and interesting about you that not many may know.
- When I was young I performed as a drummer at this competition, and I was one of the youngest people in the finals and it sparked this mini-endorsement deal with Sabian cymbals.
- What are the top three skills or characteristics that you look for in people you work with?
- “The itch” to be a part of something bigger
- Passion and care about what you’re doing
- Absolute honesty
- What is something you believe, but few others agree with you?
- I believe you don’t need a college education to be successful.
How to contact Nick:
Also, check out his company’s website or sign up for his webinar, The Secrets of Growth Hacking That Marketing Agencies Don’t Want You To Know. Also within the website is Nick’s calendar, where you can schedule your growth hacking session.
Thanks for listening!
We appreciate you spending your valuable time with us!
If you enjoyed this episode, and we hope you did, please share it using the social media buttons to the left.
Also, please leave a rating and review on iTunes and Stitcher. It will help others like you discover the show more easily, and we’d be really grateful! If you’re not sure how to submit a rating and review on iTunes, check out this blog post for instructions.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the Comments section below or email me.
Thanks again for listening and now go and grow your business!