Luis Congdon tells us how providing value first, then capturing it later, led him to success in his podcasting business.
His mother was murdered when he was 8 years old. He couldn’t hold down simple jobs. And he was homeless.
Yet our guest, Luis Congdon, overcame all of that to build his own podcasting business that now generates over $10,000 per month and continues to grow.
Luis Congdon is the creator of Podcaster’s Secret Weapon, the co-creator of Launch School, and the host of two super successful podcasts called Thriving Launch and Lasting Love Connection, and has built a growing business from podcasting.
Luis talks about how providing a lot of value first, then monetizing later, has helped him make lasting connections and build his business.
He highlights how he leverages LinkedIn and Facebook to forge strong communities.
He stresses how having an engaged audience – not necessarily a large one – is so important.
And he tells his moving story about the hurdles he has overcome to get to where he is now.
You can’t miss this inspiring episode, so check it out now!
In this episode, you’ll learn from Luis:
- How he went from being homeless, to starting an online business with no experience, to making $10,000 per month in 10 months.
- The importance of initially providing value, then capturing value from your work.
- The power of podcasting and networking in building his business.
- How to use social networks like LinkedIn and Facebook to build a community and grow your audience.
- The amazing impact that his private Facebook Group has had on his business.
- The multiple revenue streams that he garners from his business – personal podcasting coaching, a digital podcasting course, and affiliate marketing.
- How audience engagement – and not necessarily size – can be more important to growing a business.
This episode was brought to you by Audible.com
The Go and Grow Podcast is supported by Audible.com.
You love listening to great content. So why not listen to your next book, instead of reading it?
Audible.com has over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, or tablet.
Get your free audiobook download and free 30-day trial now at audibletrial.com/goandgrow.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Answers to Quickfire Q&A:
- If you could chat with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- His dad
- Name a tool, app, or website that you can’t live without and why.
- Tell us something unique and interesting about you that not many may know.
- Luis wishes he can dance and sing!
- What are the top three skills or characteristics that you look for in people you work with?
- People who treat other people well
- Understanding of boundaries
- Those who look for long-term relationships
- What is something you believe, but few others agree with you?
- His mother’s death was a choice to provide a better life for him, and she was guiding him throughout his adoption and upbringing.
- Death, while sad, is a truly a wonderful thing.
How to contact Luis:
Thanks for listening!
We appreciate you spending your valuable time with us!
If you enjoyed this episode, and we hope you did, please share it using the social media buttons to the left.
Also, please leave a rating and review on iTunes and Stitcher. It will help others like you discover the show more easily, and we’d be really grateful! If you’re not sure how to submit a rating and review on iTunes, check out this blog post for instructions.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the Comments section below or email me.
Thanks again for listening and now go and grow your business!
And have a Happy New Year!