Chris Blyth is changing the personal fitness game with LIFT and talks about how he developed the idea and how he has grown his user base.
While technology has certainly changed the fitness industry, personal training is one part of that industry that has yet to be disrupted. Our guest is working on that.
Our guest is Chris Blyth, Co-founder and Co-CEO of LIFT Digital, the makers of LIFT Session, an iPad app that makes training with top fitness professionals accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime at an affordable price.
Chris talks about how he leveraged over 15 years of experience in the fitness industry to come up with the idea for LIFT.
He chats about how he was able to strike partnerships with huge gym chains like Equinox very early to help validate the product.
And he highlights the importance of referrals in the growth of LIFT, and the awesome conversion and retention metrics he’s been able to attain.
Check out this episode to learn how to Chris is disrupting a physical industry with technology!
In this episode, you’ll learn from Chris:
- How he leveraged his expertise in the fitness industry to recognize the opportunity to augment the gym experience with technology, leading to the creation of LIFT.
- How beta-testing the app with top-notch trainers from large gyms led to paying end customers, and thus validated the concept for LIFT.
- The big, hairy, audiacious goal of LIFT – to become the largest fitness provider in the world.
- The process of developing a unique value proposition for LIFT – accessibility to fitness training.
- The importance of referrals in the growth of LIFT, and what he’s doing to optimize the referral model.
- How affiliate partnerships has increased demand for his business.
- The amazing customer conversion and retention rates that LIFT has achieved.
This episode was brought to you by Audible.com
The Go and Grow Podcast is supported by Audible.com.
You love listening to great content. So why not listen to your next book, instead of reading it?
Audible.com has over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, or tablet.
Get your free audiobook download and free 30-day trial now at audibletrial.com/goandgrow.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Register for a free trial of LIFT at liftsession.com!
Answers to Quickfire Q&A:
- If you could chat with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Steve Jobs and Bill Belichick
- Name a tool, app, or website that you can’t live without and why.
- iPhone and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Tell us something unique and interesting about you that not many may know.
- Chris was a bike messenger in NYC in 1993.
- What are the top three skills or characteristics that you look for in people you work with?
- A good, caring person
- What is something you believe, but few others agree with you?
- Tom Brady was not generally aware that his footballs were deflated.
How to contact Chris
Thanks for listening!
We appreciate you spending your valuable time with us!
If you enjoyed this episode, and we hope you did, please share it using the social media buttons to the left.
Also, please leave a rating and review on iTunes and Stitcher. It will help others like you discover the show more easily, and we’d be really grateful! If you’re not sure how to submit a rating and review on iTunes, check out this blog post for instructions.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the Comments section below or email me.
Thanks again for listening and now go and grow your business!