Everyone wishes that their product or business can grow forever without spending a dime. While that is ideal, it’s just not realistic.
Paid advertising is an important part of acquiring more users and clients, and if done analytically, can drive a lot of revenue at a reasonable price.
Alex reveals what he’s learned running paid advertising campaigns for two startups.
He talks about how he used Twitter to garner business-to-business (B2B) leads and decrease cost per lead for Social Tables, how he tests ad copy and images, the importance of segmented audiences when running campaigns, how he leveraged retargeting campaigns, the difference between B2B and B2C (business-to-consumer) marketing, and the importance of testing.
If you currently run paid campaigns, or are thinking about starting, you have to listen to what Alex has to say.
In this episode, you’ll learn from Alex:
- How lengthening the sales process increased the number of leads and sales for Social Tables.
- The effectiveness of Twitter in driving leads at a much cheaper price per lead.
- Exactly how to run a Twitter Tailored Audience campaign to acquire leads for your company.
- The importance of A/B testing ad copy and images when running an online marketing campaign to maximize results.
- How segmenting your audience, especially excluding audiences, can increase effectiveness and decrease cost of retargeting ad campaigns.
- The differences between B2B and B2C marketing.
- The methods he uses to attribute consumer purchases to ad spend.
- The importance of testing your paid acquisition channels. And testing again and again and again.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Answers to Quickfire Q&A:
- If you could chat with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Noah Kagan
- Name a tool, app, or website that you can’t live without and why.
- Tell us something unique and interesting about you that not many may know.
- Whoopsies! Forgot to ask this one!
- What are the top three skills or characteristics that you look for in people you work with?
- Sense of humor
- Aren’t afraid to fail
- Strong collaboration, team player
- What is something you believe, but few others agree with you?
- There is still a place for banner ads! But you need a targeted strategy for them to be effective.
How to contact Alex
Thanks for listening!
We appreciate you spending your valuable time with us!
If you enjoyed this episode, and we hope you did, please share it using the social media buttons to the left.
Also, please leave a rating and review on iTunes and Stitcher. It will help others like you discover the show more easily, and we’d be really grateful! If you’re not sure how to submit a rating and review on iTunes, check out this blog post for instructions.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the Comments section below or email me.
Thanks again for listening and now go and grow your business!