Everyone lives on their mobile phones nowadays, and every company is trying to reach consumers on this platform. And one of the key ways to do that is to build and grow a mobile app. But that’s not easy.
Philippe gives us some excellent and rather contrarian strategies about how to launch and grow a mobile app. He focuses on finding effective marketing channels before even thinking of an app idea, and suggests paying for customers early in the process to learn from them as quickly as possible.
Philippe also talks about how influencer marketing can be really effective and why focusing on a portfolio approach to building mobile apps may be a smarter way to go instead of placing one big bet on a single app.
In this episode you’ll learn from Philippe:
- How his immigrant upbringing drove him to be an entrepreneur.
- Why you should understand marketing channels that you can leverage first, and let that drive your app idea.
- The importance of experimenting with onboarding flows to engage your users right off the bat.
- Why growing your initial user base with paid marketing channels is really effective in quickly learning where your app needs improvement.
- How boost campaigns can help shoot your app to the top charts in app stores so you can use that ranking to organically grow.
- Why a portfolio approach in mobile apps may be a smarter way to go than totally focusing on a single app.
- The big shift in marketing SocialRadar, a B2C social networking app, to LocationKit, a B2B software development kit.
- What influencer marketing is and how it can really work for growing a mobile app.
- Why getting your users to the “aha” moment in your app as fast as possible is the key to winning.
Resources and mentions:
Thanks for listening!
We appreciate you spending your valuable time with us!
If you enjoyed this episode, and we hope you did, please share it using the social media buttons to the left.
Also, please leave a rating and review for the Go and Grow Podcast on iTunes. It will help others like you discover the show more easily, and we’d be really grateful! If you’re not sure how to submit a rating and review, check out this blog post for instructions.
You’ll never miss another episode if you subscribe to the Go and Grow Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Soundcloud, or the podcast player of your choice, and sign up for our email list below. Just do it!
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the Comments section below or email me.
Thanks again for listening and now go and grow your business!