In this episode I chat with parallel entrepreneur Mack Kolarich, Co-founder and CEO of SceneSquid, and Co-founder and VP of Product of Startup Angels. He also organizes events for Startup Weekend and Startup Jackpot.
Mack tells his story about how balances his time and keeps his sanity while working on two startups, how he pivoted from one idea to launch SceneSquid, why customer discovery is so important before building anything, how he has grown the SceneSquid marketplace to multiple cities, and what he’s doing at Startup Angels to increase the number of angel investors.
In this episode, you’ll learn from Mack:
- How he balances working on two startups and why time away from work is critical to avoiding burnout.
- The big pivot that led to the launch of SceneSquid.
- Why doing customer discovery (and lots of it) before building anything is crucial to success.
- How he leverages Twitter to grow both sides of the SceneSquid marketplace in each city to which he expands.
- The importance of trust when approaching small businesses, and how partnerships with local Chambers of Commerce and associations can help quickly build this trust.
- Why paid advertising didn’t work for SceneSquid, what pitfalls to look out for when running Google Adwords, and why you have to sometimes look past the numbers for insights.
- The steps Startup Angels is taking to increase the number of angel investors across the world.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening!
We appreciate you spending your valuable time with us!
If you enjoyed this episode, and we hope you did, please share it using the social media buttons to the left.
Also, please leave a rating and review for the Go and Grow Podcast on iTunes. It will help others like you discover the show more easily, and we’d be really grateful! If you’re not sure how to submit a rating and review, check out this blog post for instructions.
You’ll never miss another episode if you subscribe to the Go and Grow Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Soundcloud, or the podcast player of your choice, and sign up for our email list below. Just do it!
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the Comments section below or email me.
Thanks again for listening and now go and grow your business!