Rachel tells us about how living authentically and intentionally can help us lead more productive business and personal lives, and she shares the journey that led her to launch her online courses “Lost to Found in 90 Days” & “Limited to Legendary.”
Today’s guest, Rachel Adams, is a Realtor, Author, Entrepreneur, Speaker, and Coach. In just 3 years, Rachel Adams made Wall Street Journal’s list of Top 1000 Realtors in the US. To the outside world, her “Facebook life” looked perfect, but her reality was a different story – until one conversation changed everything. She wrote a book and created a program called Lost to Found in 90 Days that is changing lives all over the world.
While real estate is in Rachel’s blood, her greatest joy comes from encouraging others to lead their best life. This is why she launched Lost to Found in 90 Days, and this is why she often hosts Female Empowerment Masterminds geared towards “finding your power within.” Rachel also recently launched Limited to Legendary, a 10-week course emphasizing how personal growth equals business success and how to leverage social media.
Rachel has a special offer for the Go and Grow Audience. Go to lost2found90.com/free-previews to get download the first three chapters of the book and one of the inspirational guidance videos.
We’re going to learn how Rachel lives her life with authenticity and intention, how her courses help others live a more authentic and intentional life, and how she uses social media to build relationships that grow her business.
- 0:40 – When Rachel was finding success as a real estate agent, what things made reality less perfect than it looked?
- 2:10 – Rachel meets the other person behind Lost to Found in 90 Days, Nina Rowan Heller, at a commercial shoot for her Real Estate agency. They had a long conversation about the problems that Nina wasn’t dealing with but never shot the commercial.
- 4:30 – “I realized that I have an opportunity to do something big with my life … What could my life look like if I was truly living my life with authenticity and intention?”
- 5:00 – Reflecting on her life, Rachel realized she had people and things in her life that weren’t serving her. She experimented by taking them out of her life for 90 days.
- 5:25 – What is the importance of authenticity and intention, and what are the signs that Rachel saw that showed her life was out of balance?
- 5:55 – Reflecting on Jim Rhodes’ idea that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with, Rachel thought more intentionally about the people she spent time with and the type of people she would like to spend time with.
- 6:55 – “I woke up earlier and the first thing I did in the morning was I said 3 things I was grateful for.”
- 8:40 – The Clean No vs The Dirty Yes
- A clean no, or just saying no when you do not have the time to attend something, is more intentional and more acceptable than a dirty yes, or saying yes and then canceling or not showing up.
- 9:40 – “What I realized is when I became truly okay with my authenticity and embracing it I was relatable … I realized that I have a choice here, and if I truly, really want to have a shift in my life and change then it’s going to be really uncomfortable, but the growth happens in the uncomfortable so you have to embrace that.”
- 11:00 – Rachel was going to take out her two biggest distractions so that she could really get rid of the noise, figure out who she was and figure out how she wanted to live her life. At the time, her distractions were dating and drinking.
- 12:00 – Without distractions, there was more time for self-reflection. She started journaling, meal prepping and meditating.
- 12:55 – 2/3 of the way through her 90 days, she ran into Nina Rowan Heller again. They talk for months, and Nina asks her if she could pinpoint anything that changed. Rachel identifies 12 things that changed during the 90 days, which ended up becoming the 12 chapters of the book.
- 13:40 – The program is a 90-day self-transformation program in which you are held highly accountable.
- The first half of every chapter is called Rachel’s Journey, which is the experience that she went through
- The second half is Nina’s Knowledge, which is workbook-style.
- For 90 days, you are connected with a Facebook community going through the same exact thing you are.
- A new app helps you work on self-improvement on the go.
- 15:40 – “Losing weight is not the purpose of the program, but almost everybody is … You make one good choice and one good change and then the next good change follows and then the next good change follows and it’s just kind of this trickle effect, and the idea is you’ll be in a completely different place on day 1 than you are on day 90.”
- 18:10 – With growing a business, it’s all about aligning yourself with the right people.
- 19:10 – Rachel recently launched Limited to Legendary, a 10-week course emphasizing how personal growth equals business success, and how to leverage social media.
- This course also has a private Facebook group, which allows Rachel to provide content catered to what the community needs.
- 19:30 – “Any industry you’re in, it’s about building the relationship.”
- 23:50 – What are the things that Rachel has done on Facebook thave have helped grow her businesses and courses?
- 80 / 20 Principle – 80% of posts are about the things that you are passionate about and 20% are about your business
- If you don’t know what you post about, think about what you comment on
- Don’t Post and Ghost – “You’re not just done if you made a post on social media. You have to respond to people. You never know who’s watching, you never know who you’re inspiring, and you never know where your next referral is going to come from.”
- 33:05 – Quickfire Q&A
This episode was brought to you by Audible.com
The Go and Grow Podcast is supported by Audible.com.
You love listening to great content. So why not listen to your next book, instead of reading it?
Audible.com has over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, or tablet.
Get your free audiobook download and free 30-day trial now at audibletrial.com/goandgrow.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Lost to Found in 90 Days
- Limited to Legendary
- L2F90 iOS App
- Google Keep
- The ONE Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan (affiliate link)
Answers to Quickfire Q&A:
- If you could chat with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Oprah, “I would really like to talk to her about how she has been able to build her business and the impact she has been able to have … She smells like cinnamon, just so you know.”
- Name a tool, app, or website that you can’t live without and why.
- Google Keep, which is like Google Drive but specifically for creating and sharing smaller things via mobile.
- Tell us something unique and interesting about you that not many may know.
- Rachel originally went to school for singing and she tried out for American Idol
- What is your favorite business book and why?
- The ONE Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan (affiliate link)
- What is the top characteristic or trait that you look for in people you work with?
- What is something you believe, but few others agree with you?
- I don’t know if few people would agree, but there’s always, always, always a silver lining.
How to contact Rachel:
Thanks for listening!
We appreciate you spending your valuable time with us!
If you enjoyed this episode, and we hope you did, please share it using the social media buttons to the left.
Also, please leave a rating and review on iTunes and Stitcher. It will help others like you discover the show more easily, and we’d be really grateful! If you’re not sure how to submit a rating and review on iTunes, check out this blog post for instructions.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the Comments section below or email me.
Thanks again for listening and now go and grow your business!